Monday, June 29, 2015

Week 53 1 year!!

Holy cow I can't believe I've been on the mission for a year now!! That seems insane! I'm on the downward slope and I feel like I'm still just starting! My companion just completed a year as well and we are kinda freaking out over the lack of time... and kinda just running around like a chicken with his head chopped off trying to do everything at once. haha

Sorry about last week, I just had a huge migraine and couldn't really read anything the computer screen said because everything was blurry, then I started vomiting and just decided it was time to stop trying to write. I walked outside and kinda fell on the curb unable to walk anymore and so my comp chased down a taxi that took us to the hospital. I'm not really sure what all went down in the hospital, but out of nowhere the doctor pulls out this huge Shot of who knows what and starts injecting me. He told me to take a pill that helped me fall asleep and then I woke up about 2 hours later in the hospital bed feeling a lot better!! I don't know what magical stuff he injected me with, but it did the trick! Then they gave me a bunch of pills to take over this last week, and since then I have felt fine! The miracle of modern medicine is real!!

The doctor told me I wasn't allowed to take the bus back to Jiquilisco that night so we had to sleep in the house of some other missionaries in Usulutan. It was about midnight and I was sleeping on the hammock when the bolt fell from the wall and I ate crap on the cement floor. haha

Tuesday I got to rest most the day because our house had a ton of leaks in the roof and after 3 weeks of threatening to move out, our owner finally sent someone to patch the leaks and we had to sit around the house while he worked all day.

Wednesday I got my shoes sewn back together so hopefully they can last another year and then had a fun district meeting.

Thursday I completed one year in the mission! My comp had just completed a year 2 weeks ago so he waited for me to do the little ritual of burning a shirt. We both took White shirts and wrote our áreas and companions on them and then burned them to represent one year down and one more to go! It was lots of fun.

Friday we woke up early and finished building a less actives tin house. We have been helping him since I came to the área and we just got it finished up this week. Its not much, but it was super fun and humbling being able to help him. Then we ran home to shower, taught a few lessons and changed back into other clothes to prest service with an investigator! This guy has been investigating the church for 2 years. We were weeding and doing general yard maitenance with him, and as we worked we just talked to him and got to know him a little better.  Turns out in all this time he had never told the missionaries, but he had a daughter die about 5 years ago in a car accident. He never truly believed in life after death, and was convinced that she was gone forever. As we pulled weeds we explained to him and testified about the plan of salvation and how families can be together forever through obedience to God's plan. It was so powerful and awesome. The truth is no matter how hard someone looks on the outside they always have something that makes them need God in their life and being able to help them make that connection is always such an amazing experience!

Saturday we took some recent converts out on divisions and they loved it. It was awesome to see them bear testimony to others about there experiences. Then we spent a large portion of the day attacking an ex-missionary inactive apostate member with the scriptures for not letting her son get baptized. In the end she agreed under a few conditions, and even agreed to come to the baptisimal service in a few weeks!

So yeah, overall it was an eventful and great week! Everything is going good, our district right now is one of the strongest in the mission so we are really excited and working hard.
Love you all, thanks for everything.
Elder Davis


PS I'm 98% sure i found Holly Frazier in the Liahona magazine conference edition that they gave us this week... can someone confirm that??






No comments:

Post a Comment