Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 37 Go Big or Go Home

So we didn't have changes... Everyone in my ward thinks I'm going to start and end my mission in Quezaltepeque .... I'm not going to lie- I was pretty disappointed, this area is one of the smaller ones in the mission and I feel like I know everyone. I stopped a guy in the street to try and contact him and he told me I had talked to him 4 times already. hahaha

So yeah I was pretty down, then I flipped open my scriptures Wednesday morning and saw a quote that dad had sent me a few weeks ago, that I had written in a margin, "Good is not good when better is expected"- The great Vin Scully

Holy cow it got me thinking... I think I've been a pretty good missionary... I work hard and am obedient and have had a little success, but is that good enough?? I don't want to be a good missionary, I want to be the best missionary (still haven't lost my competitiveness  I guess) 

Then Wednesday I got a package with books in it from mom... I flipped open the first one that night and it was the Miracle of Forgiveness by Spencer W. Kimball.... In the first few chapters I read, "Many people die with their music still in them. Why is that so? Too often it is because they are always getting ready to live. Before they know it time runs out." Oliver Vendell Holmes

and then a little later in the book, "Waste is unjustifiable, and especially the waste of time--Limited as that commodity is in our days of probation, one must LIVE, not only EXIST, he must DO, not merely BE, he must grow, not just vegetate" Spencer W. Kimball

and then I received the ultimate machete (not sure if we say that in English or not) "The real tragedy is the tragedy of the man who never in his life braces himself for his one supreme effort, who never stretches to his full capacity, never stands up to his full stature" Arnold Bennet

Holy cow I was into some pretty deep self reflection this week... I had been telling myself I had done all I could here, I just needed to wait to get to a new area and then I would start going at it with everything I had again. I was so wrong. The Lord left me in this area because My work here is not yet finished. When (if ever) I have changes I want to leave this area knowing I did everything within my power to bring these people to the truth.

So yeah, basically I am  more motivated than ever, have the goal of being the best missionary in the world (still got a long ways to go) and in love with anything and everything written by Spencer W Kimball. 

Hope you all have a great week. I love you! Thanks for all the support you send me every week. 
Love Elder Davis



No comments:

Post a Comment