Monday, August 17, 2015

week 60

This week was once again insane. We spent almost no time in our area and were just running around like chickens with our heads cut off.  haha

It started out Tuesday when another elder had to come stay and work with us for a day. It was weird being in a trio. Kinda fun, but I'm glad I've never been in one. Wednesday morning we got him to his new area and then within an hour had him back in our house along with 2 other elders because of the volcano. 

So the Volcano is called volcano Chaparrastique and I am in the area Chaparrastique (just to give you an idea of how close we are to it) and Wednesday morning it started pumping out a bunch of smoke /ash stuff) Everyone started freaking out, and then we had to follow the emergency plan and make sure everyone got to there evacuation points with their 72 hour kits. We then called up bus drivers to take all the missionaries to San Salvador if it became necessary, but in the end nothing else happened:( I wanted to see lava in the streets and stuff, but I guess its better that way. 

We learned from the experience that nobody in the mission has a real 72 hour kit and we would all pretty much die if we couldn't go to the store every day. My companion and I put together our kit with one cup of noodles, a half eaten loaf of bread and one bag of water.  haha It could have lasted us all of one meal if we had actually needed it... so hopefully we get a little better prepared for if something really does happen. 

What else... We had a cool meeting with the mission president and stake president.  The stake plan is really showing a lot of fruits so we are really happy about that.

Oh yeah, Monday we went lizard hunting with this crazy awesome guy in my ward. We got 1 iguana and 1 garabo. They were extremely delicious and I am getting pretty decent with my sling shot. 

That's pretty much all I can think of. My comp and I won't have changes so we are cool. I'll be here for at least 6 more weeks. 

Love you guys.  Have a great week

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment