Monday, April 20, 2015

Week 43 NEW AREA!!

I had changes for the first time!!!! It's such a weird feeling!! So much stuff has gone down though I don't even know how to start!!

Last week (Tuesday) we went to the temple again (our zone was still leading the mission!) which was awesome!! Super spiritually uplifting- you got to love it! 

Then that night we threw a birthday party for an 18 year old who was baptized about 6 months ago. His entire life he had never had a birthday party or received a gift for his birthday. So we bought pizzas and sodas and cakes and balloons and piƱatas and stuff and then invited his family and threw him an awesome surprise party! It was really awesome. He entered the room and just started crying... such a humble and amazing young kid. 

Then Tuesday night I was up packing until 12, trying to decide what to take and what to leave (my bags were to full and really heavy!!) Then we woke up at 5 and loaded up the busses for our whole zone to go to the changes meeting! 

Before I left, my favorite person in the world (Hno Juan) came to our house to tell me goodbye. We were both crying and holy cow it was so hard to leave, but it was definitely my time and I'm really happy with how I left the area. 

I got assigned to Jiqualisco en Zona Usulutan as district leader! Its on the other half of the country from where I was before and it is HOT! I thought it was hot before, but nothing even compares. I'm with Elder Fraizer from Salem Utah.. He is a good missionary who just got out of his training.  He still needs a lot of work on Spanish, but wants to work hard and I really like him. 

I'm now part of a little branch with 55ish active members. Our branch president has been a member for 2 years, his counselors for a little over 1 year each. We are really young, but there is a really good potential. I like what I've seen so far. 

But holy cow ]I got loaded down with a ton of responsibilities. My first correlation meeting I was asked to talk Sunday in church (I think it went well), help a member build a new house, become the elders quorum teacher, and start up a weekly mutual program for the young men and young woman. Not to mention all the the junk as district leader... I'm normally on the phone until 10:45 every night and waking up at 5:30 in the morning to get things going. 

Our area is huge and I'm trying to work out a way to organize our days and manage it all, but in the past 3 days we have already found a couple really positive people!! I am exhausted, sweating myself to bed every night, over-loaded and absolutely loving life. Life is always best when we are working hard. 

Love you guys and thanks for all your support. 
Elder Davis






No comments:

Post a Comment