Monday, April 13, 2015

Week 42

So almost every single email I received today told me that my emails pretty much suck and I need to do better... the thing is I only have 1:15 on the comp each week and so many things to do in that little time (write President Vasquez, you guys, read emails, download Bruce R McKonkie talks to listen to... he is probably the greatest speaker of all time in general conference, etc.) 

This week was awesome... changes are going to be Wednesday and I had 4 people fasting for me last Sunday to have changes. hahaha So we will see what happens. 

I am pretty content whether I stay or go though. I would like to finally know a new area, but our area is doing really good so it wouldn't be bad to stay. We will just have to wait and see what the Lord wants for me:)

I had a pretty eye opening experience this week... We have been really worried about a couple recent converts (2 sisters) who haven't been back out to church in over a month. It was weird because they absolutely love the church and every time we visited them they just gave a lame excuse, but promised to be there the next week. 

Finally Monday they opened up to us, with tears in her eyes the mom told us that the twins hadn't been to church because they didn't have shoes... the one cheap pair they had got the soul ripped out and they had no way of buying new ones. The mom works extremely hard 7 days a week to provide for the family, but barley can afford the $20 rent on the house (the whole house is about the size of our office) and 2 little meals for her 4 kids each day. 

It brought me to tears to hear the true reason behind there inactivity... for the last month only one of the 4 children was able to leave the house at a time because they only had 1 pair for the 4 kids to share.

We were able to help them out to buy shoes for the 3 others. This Sunday they were back in church happier than I can describe. 

The mission really helps put things in perspective... We have all been blessed so much just to have been born where we were born. I have never had to worry about having shoes on my feet, or had to share a twin size bed with 2 other siblings every night, or worked 13 hour work days every day just to give my family a little plate of rice every day. 

We all have the blessing we have for a reason. God trusts us to use the opportunities he has given us to help all others in need. I love this little family and know that there circumstances helped prepare them to accept the restored gospel... I try every day to be worthy to help people like them, and hope that when my time comes I can say like Paul, "For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith"

Thanks for all your support and love. I hope you all have an awesome week. 
Love Elder Davis











No comments:

Post a Comment