Sunday, August 17, 2014

Week 6 & 7

First week in El Salvador and tons of things to say but no time to say them!

First thank you guys tons for your email. I love reading them, and thanks dad and Mattie for your Dear Elder letters, those were awesome, and tell Mattie I couldn’t stop cracking up!! Also those dear elders were cool because we have very little emailing time and those and real letters I can read whenever!

Number one I am done with my old comp!!! Yipee!!! I got paired with a North American here!!! His name is Elder Schmidt and he is from Sandy Utah. He said this is the first time he has ever had a norte companion and this is his first time training and this is the first time that he has ever heard of two Nortes here in Quetzatepeque... Evidently the Lord has something for us to do that only us English speakers can do or something... who knows.

Quick story.... Our van popped a tire on the way to El Salvador.  We were stuck on the side of the road for two hours trying to change it because the tire was like welded on the axel (Super Ghetto) but eventually I got smart and we all prayed and within 10 minutes we were able to get the tire off and eventually be on our way.

My mission president is Vasquez. He is trying to learn English, but he doesn’t know much. He seems really cool though!

I tried my first papusa, it’s like the food here that everyone has...It is EVERYWHERE. Luckily it is super good, kinda like those burrito quesadilla things Brandon makes, but different... I don’t really know, all I know is they are good!

Hot water is non existant, but whatever

Clearly my P days are Mondays.

I’ve been called a devil worshiper twice and have learned great new Spanish words like how to say drunk.  So that is fun!

Also learned to be obedient! We were like 10 minutes late coming home once because we were planning this thing with some members and right at 9, (when we are supposed to be home) it started pouring rain and tons of wind and was a pain in the butt to get home, so yeah... I am being reminded by God to be exactly obedient I guess!

Its really hard just going through lessons and stuff all day and having practically know idea what is going on, but I’m trying to stay positive... been praying for the gift of tongues and I know I’ll be able to learn this language eventually. Love you guys!

Elder Davis

BTW this one is my CCM district and they are the coolest people alive

My CCM companion


 I wonder how long his shoes will last???


No comments:

Post a Comment