Tuesday, July 22, 2014

4 weeks in...

This week went by pretty fast, luckily. 

I had tons of notes of what I wanted to tell you, but accidently left them in my room. 

I guess I'll start with yesterday.  This elder in my district was not looking like his normal self and I asked him what was wrong.. After a while he finally opened up and said he had gotten word that not only was his grandpa probably going to die before he left the MTC , but that his mom has got breast cancer for the second time. We talked for a while, and he asked me if I would give him a blessing of comfort. All the guys in our district were able to lay our hands on his head, and I was able to deliver the blessing. It was an amazing experience for me, and I know it helped him as well. 

Random CCM fact, we have miracle milk!! It doesn't go bad until mid Febuary 2015!! Oh it tastes just so interesting! 

My spanish is getting better, I feel discouraged at times, but as I look back, I know I have learned a lot. I never take notes into lessons anymore, and can get through a 30 minute lesson using spanish I know pretty easily, so that is good. 

I love you all and miss you. Thanks again for your little emails! They are the highlight of my week!!


Love, Elder Davis

 (Harrison is 3rd row, 5th from the right)

No comments:

Post a Comment