Monday, January 18, 2016

Week 82 Count Your Blessings

About Tuesday of this week I was feeling a little frustrated... but then almost magically the thought of that talk from that general conference came into my head... where the missionary hears the voice in his head that in God's eyes he isn't much different than his companion. I realized that I have no right to be frustrated at anyone, my sole job is to do the Lords will here in El Salvador and try to help everyone I can... so I started making a list in the back of my agenda of all the things I was grateful for this week to focus on all the blessings the Lords given me. Needless to say,  I have much to be grateful for:
- Pupusas
- Hermana Cecilia
- Johnathan and the testimony he has developed
- repentance
- modern day prophets
- Gods love
- Mercy
- Nice Pens
- Preach My Gospel
- scriptures
- Gifts of the spirit
- hot showers
- Having my own bathroom
- having a mirror (it is my first real mirror in the mission haha)
- clean water
- Journal
- answers to prayers
- Christ
- The atonement
- Gods love
- second chances
- President and Hermana Vasquez
- Hot Dogs
- Avacados
- The lady who gave Hermano Carlos work
- Hermana Carlos
- finding a seat on the bus
- Tortas
- My shoes after I got them sown back together
- Taking off tie and shoes in the night
- Anti-itch cream (mosquitos love me)
- zone conference
- Wednesdays (when we have water come to re-fill our tank)
- Health
- Mormon Messages
- Life
- Opportunity to be on the mission
- Opportunity to be in Sensuntepeque
- family support
- Parents who raised me in the gospel
- Honey
- Inspiration
- Revelation
- Goals
- companionship inventory
- money pouches
- Hermano Napo
- Pte diego
- Hermana Roxanna
- Clean laundry
- Daily exercise
- Fasting
- gift of the Holy Ghost
- Temples
- Trials
- The Book of Mormon
- friends who are on missions
- toast
- Water tank
- new socks
- Gospel art
- Church books and manuals
- Service projects
- Blisters
- Maizillo
- hammocks
- new razor blades
- sacrament
- the visit of pte Lopez (conselor to mission president to our ward)
- Miracles
- people who want to change
- New ideas
- The Word of Wisdom
- personal study
- other elders in the branch
- The fact that the bus driver jammed early 2000's pop the entire 2 hour ride to Cajutepeque
- computers that are updated above windows xp

Just a few things that I noticed throughout the week. I'm just so grateful for Gods blessings... He at times lets me go until I feel like I can't push any more... but if I give that last little push He always sends a tender mercy to keep me up.

Love you guys and hope everyone recognizes their blessings this week!

Love Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment