Monday, September 28, 2015

Week 66 Buses and Boots

This week has maybe been the busiest, but one of the coolest in my mission. It started out Monday when I finally bought some fat, ugly waterproof boots because I'm sick of walking around with soaking wet socks and shoes. haha

Tuesday we had leadership council in San Salvador, headed out at 4:00 am and spent pretty much all day traveling/in the meeting. The meeting was actually really cool though. President showed us a bunch of statistics and trends and then showed us a few new plans to keep having the work increase. Turns out up to this point in the year, out of the 18 missions in Central America, we have progressed the most from last year... We are doing things more the way the Lord wants them to be done and seeing the blessings come. 

Wednesday we attempted to do a weeks worth of work in one day. We verified with our new family and they are doing awesome! The Lord just kinda threw everything we needed in our path and we were able to get a lot done.

Thursday, we once again woke up at 3:00 am to head to San Salvador, but this time for a temple trip. The temple was amazing and just what I needed! The spirit was so strong there and it was just an awesome day. 

Friday, we once again woke up at 3 because my companion is training and we once again made the trip up to San Salvador and spent the entire day there. 

Saturday we spent all morning and well into the afternoon painting this members house. It was super fun and I may or may not be a professional painter now. haha

Overall it was a great week. Hopefully we will actually get to visit our investigators next week, but who knows. Wednesday my comp will be changed and I'll get a new comp. so I'm a little sad to lose Elder Kauvaka, but also excited to see who my new comp will be. Also I am super pumped for General Conference!!! Its going to be great! 

Love you guys, have a great week! 

Elder Davis



No comments:

Post a Comment